Re: Understanding doc 1.4.11, updates

I think it might be clearer to focus 1.4.11 on the *contrast
requirement* of *whatever is offered IF it is offered at all*, and focus
on interactional states (focus, hover, active), mandating that if color
is the only way to differentiate focus, it must have 3:1 contrast to the
default (and having no differential contrast requirement on hover,
active, visited etc for the reasons Alastair has explained). I would
then prefer to treat the requirement to make *functional* states like
checked, expanded=true/false also visually discernable / different in a
separate SC as proposed (mapping on 4.1.2) - see a draft at
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/559. I fear we may try to kill two
many birds with this stone called 1.4.11.

--
Detlev Fischer
Testkreis

Mobil +49 (0)157 57 57 57 45

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites

---