Re: Can Silver have normative technology specific requirements?

David,

Thank you very much for reminding us of some of the WCAG history. I
appreciate seeing it, and starting this conversation.

If the methods are loose, then maybe the general techniques might be able
to accommodate being normative. But, for the technology specific
techniques/methods I think we do need to leave them non-normative
(remembering the Italian issue).

That allows for newer technologies to be covered - and for organizations
and legislation that can continue to implement whatever version of the
standards they may choose for their own unique required timelines.

My 2 cents...:-)