Re: Most common new WCAG 2.1 issues found

From: Denis Boudreau <denis.boudreau@deque.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 08:37:20 -0400
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
While that may be true Patrick, based on my own experience assessing
websites, I would have guess that insufficient non-text color contrast
would be the most frequent kind of 2.1 issue as well. This stuff has been
everywhere for as long as I can remember.

/Denis

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 08:29 Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> I'd caution as well that there's likely still a high degree of
> uncertainty around how to test, what actually counts as a pass/fail,
> what something does/doesn't apply to. Something that will even out over
> time, no doubt...but for many auditors, this is uncharted territory
> until they get more familiar with spotting common patterns of failure etc.

> On 20/08/2018 12:01, Alastair Campbell wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > A little aneq-data-point, I asked on Twitter what people were finding
> > came up most in WCAG 2.1 audits from the new criteria:
> >
> > https://twitter.com/alastc/status/1030455692853952512
> >
> > Non-text contrast (on inputs / focus styles) came up the most for most
> > people. On a per-instance basis that isn’t too surprising, search boxes
> > are often on every page.
> >
> > I’m not sure there is anything to conclude from this, but if we start
> > seeing people act on that more often, perhaps it is moving the needle.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > -Alastair
> >
> > --
> >
> > www.nomensa.com <http://www.nomensa.com/>
> > tel: +44 (0)117 929 7333 / 07970 879 653
> > follow us: @we_are_nomensa or me: @alastc
> > Nomensa Ltd. King William House, 13 Queen Square, Bristol BS1 4NT
> >
> > Company number: 4214477 | UK VAT registration: GB 771727411
> >

> --
> Patrick H. Lauke

> --
/Denis