From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: 10 August 2018 14:06
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Good example of failing 1.3.4 (Orientation)

Watched this on my iPad this morning: https://www.ana-cooljapan.com/contents/craftsmanship/interviews/

On my iPad it displays a “turn your smartphone phone vertically” message and even when showing a video and I tried to rotate to landscape, the message would come back.

I can’t think of any good reason for the phone to need to be vertical except for poor craftmanship, which is ironic given the content of the site.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Head of Accessibility