Re: Publishing Updates to Understanding Documents

> renders non-visible the visual focus indicator

The failure doesn't say "renders the visual focus indicator to less than
3:1 contrast"

This failure about the focus being identical to the background so that
there is no visible indication of focus. So if it is *really* hard to see,
it still passes.  The technique says:

"such as outlines that* look the same* as the focus outline, or thick
borders that are the* same color *as the focus indicator so it cannot be
seen against them." The title is says "renders non-visible"

WCAG 2.0 never failed low contrast focus indicators. And as a person
involved in all of those discussions back in the day, I can say it was
never intended to fail hard to see focus indicators, just invisible ones.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902