Re: Measurable vs testable [was: Silver Requirements Issues]

  John,  thank you for your offer!  :)

All:

We are not yet working on the Silver *content*.  I want to be very clear
about that to everyone.  Right now, we are working on the *structure *of
Silver.  However, we do need concrete examples of needs of people with
disabilities that AGWG has deferred to Silver.   We need to be able to
test whether the Silver design can incorporate that guidance.

Silver is currently building prototypes of how the Silver structure
could work.  We want to make it easy for people to submit prototypes for
the structure, by giving them sample text they can use in their
prototypes.  That way, the people working on prototypes don't have to
either make up their own text, or (shudder) use lorem ipsum text in
their prototypes.  :)

At this point, the most helpful thing John Rochford could contribute
would be some:

  * general guidance text on Accessible Authentication (in plain language)
  * tests for Accessible Authentication

*This is **not a content proposal*, it is just an example that Silver
Community Group and Task Force members can use while we are building
prototypes.  That way, we can load the example into the prototypes.  If
someone from COGA could also write some general text and tests for the
Plain Language in Navigation example that Alastair recommended Silver
look at, that would also be helpful.  I think a lot of this text already
exists, and just needs to be pulled together.

We have also asked for examples from Low Vision TF and Mobile TF of
success criteria that were deferred to Silver that the Task Force would
like us to consider for evaluating the Silver structure to determine if
the accessibility needs that they identified can be included in Silver.
If any AGWG members know of some other representative examples of WCAG
2.1 proposals that were deferred to Silver and would like to write up
some sample text we could use for testing, that would be very helpful.

We are building multiple prototypes of potential Silver structure so we
can compare, refine, and evaluate them with user testing. That is our
main project for this summer.  We want to bring a refined prototype to
TPAC with user testing result data.  It's a big project, and we
appreciate any contributions from individual members of AGWG.  (I don't
want to distract or hijack the main AGWG work.) Silver prototypes are
asynchronous work, and anyone who wants to contribute can do so.  You do
not have to attend Silver conference calls (which are mostly coordination).

Thanks again for your offer, John!  It helps Silver to have the experts
in a specific accessibility need write up the example guidance text, so
we have a clear and representative example to use in the prototypes.

If anyone wants to contribute example text and wants more details,
please contact me off-list and I'll help you get started.

jeanne