Re: SC 1.3.4 - Understanding doc update

Hi Jon,

I am not suggesting that this solution is available today. Nor am I
suggesting that AAPIs not continue to be improved upon and that AT continue
to be built and improved upon. I am suggesting that 'we are not there yet
technology-wise'. And for many areas beyond accessibility these
technologies are being quickly sought. We already have those rich
accessibility taxonomies, pretty much ready to plug in, once the technology
gets 'there'. That is just my opinion. I certainly want to see
accessibility metadata and personalization moved forward - but again I feel
it need to be part of a larger web-wide initiative - at this point in time.

No one is wrong here. None of us can see the future. All we do know, I
think, is that technology is moving very fast (even if it seems slow for
our spec and users needs). But we are not the only group focused on user
needs. I have faith that we will get there, soon-ish.....

** katie **

*Katie Haritos-Shea*
*Principal ICT Accessibility Architect *

*WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA/QA/FinServ/FinTech/Privacy,* *IAAP CPACC+WAS = *
*CPWA* <http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/cpwacertificants>

*Cell: **703-371-5545 <703-371-5545>** |* *ryladog@gmail.com
<ryladog@gmail.com>* *| **Oakton, VA **|* *LinkedIn Profile
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/katieharitosshea/>*

People may forget exactly what it was that you said or did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.......

Our scars remind us of where we have been........they do not have to
dictate where we are going.