RE: Alastair Campbell appointed co-chair of AG WG

Congratulations to Alastair, and thank you very much!
Very much good news for the WG as well!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Cooper [mailto:cooper@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:39 AM
To: AG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Alastair Campbell appointed co-chair of AG WG

It has just been announced to the Advisory Committee and chairs that Alastair Campbell has been appointed co-chair of the Accessibility Guidelines Working Group. He joins Andrew and Josh in the role, and will help expand chairing capacity to manage the huge amount of work we have.

Many people in the Working Group have come to value Alastair for his ability to understand complex issues deeply, and to communicate his insights clearly. He has recently been working with the Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force to help them address feedback from the Working Group, and to help represent their knowledge to the WG. His appointment as chair will increase that particular liaison, and will help the chairs collectively to interface with the task forces more. He will help manage the process of completing WCAG 2.1, and have a role as we all decide what follows the WCAG 2.1 work.

We believe the AG WG has become busy enough and large enough that three chairs are now needed, so am glad Alastair was able to take that on.
With more chairs, there is likely to be more specialization of their roles, which will evolve over the upcoming months. For now, I hope you all will join me in congratulating him on this appointment.

There is time on today's agenda for people to share thoughts or ask questions related to this. By the way, chairs are normally too busy with chairing tasks to scribe calls, so this does mean we lose one of our permascribes. Please, everybody else pitch in to help out!

Michael