Re: Keeping Target Size (Enhanced)? Even with 22px?

I have to admit I lost track of the AAA version of this one, but I had thought it would be 44px without exception. Was that deemed too difficult even at AAA?

-Alastair

From: "Repsher, Stephen J" <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>
Date: Sunday, 21 January 2018 at 02:20
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Keeping Target Size (Enhanced)? Even with 22px?

As the subject indicates, I’m just wondering if we are really keeping Target Size (Enhanced) going to CR?  At the very least, it should be renamed since it is no longer an enhanced version of anything.

The CFC covered the options at AA, but we still have open issues at AAA and no consensus on their resolutions.  Since much of the discussion there, and lack of resolution, was around the defensibility of 22 CSS pixels as a viable measure, and that is still used in the AAA version, I was assuming it was going to be dropped as well.

Personally, I’d be fine with keeping it so long as we change it to simply having an exception for being within a block of text (i.e. no 22 by 22 CSS pixel requirement).

Sorry to be the negative Nancy…

Steve Repsher
Twitter<https://twitter.com/steverep> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/steverepsherjr/> | GitHub<https://github.com/steverep>