Re: CFC - Target Size (2 options)

As I've been reminded before that it's not possible to give "conditional
+1s"...

-1 to both.

I cannot live with either option 1 nor 2.

In particular, the numbers now seem rather arbitrarily put together.
It's unclear why 44x44 and 26x26 + 8 spacing / 28x28 + 8 spacing are
used - when giving hard values for a pass/fail, it should be crystal
clear where they came from (and the fact these measures don't seem to
match/add up is a huge red flag that either one set or the other has
been chosen arbitrarily).

Option 1 also still normatively defines a paticular viewport width,
which as discussed at length here already is just the completely wrong
thing to define. Fun fact: if this were normative right now, you'd have
exempted some touchscreen devices already like the iPad Pro, and this is
only bound to get worse as devices and their viewport sizes change and
evolve.

And further, my varying queries (which, though I'm biased, I'd say are
pretty valid) about what actually constitutes "modified by the author"
seem to be continuously ignored (both in mailing list, and in github
issues).

--
Patrick H. Lauke