RE: Target size proposal

Even more so, if MS adds to the target area we now have 3 different sizes: Apple 44, Google 48 and MS 34 (or 42 depending on if the 8 is total OR added to AND top AND bottom)

-----Original Message-----
From: Abma, J.D. (Jake)
Sent: woensdag 17 januari 2018 10:49
To: 'Patrick H. Lauke' <redux@splintered.co.uk>; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Target size proposal

So if the 'space' is added to the target and if I interpret it correctly basically the text could be read as:

44 by 44 CSS pixels or is at least 34 by 34 CSS pixels (...?! 26 +8 =34)     (OR  44 by 44 CSS pixels or is at least 42 by 42 CSS pixels (...?! 26 +8 + 8 =42))
Equals to:
44 by 44 CSS pixels or is at least 26 by 26 CSS pixels with 8 CSS pixels spacing between targets;

This makes the complete text more doubtful than ever and seems like the MS text is wrongly interpreted