Re: viewport/browser window size does not imply presence/lack of touch input...

Hi Patrick,

I guess you meant to say

"UNLESS the user has a mechanism to zoom, the following must be true"

...or (which is the same thing essentially)

"IF the user doesn't have a mechanism to zoom, the following must be true"

Correct?

I think adding this exception would largely pull the rug from under this
SC since nearly all UA (or mobile OS, in their accessibility settings)
allow some form of zoom - so you would have a SC which you can in most
cases ignore (or which would have as only technique for authors
something like "Do not prevent the user from zooming by setting meta
name=viewport maximum-scale=1", or similar).

Detlev

Am 16.01.2018 um 22:57 schrieb Patrick H. Lauke:
> On 16/01/2018 20:38, David MacDonald wrote:
> [...]
>>> Also, what about zooming? It's a mechanism that allows users to make
>>> things (including target sizes) bigger, and it's built into most
>>> (all?) current browsers...
>>
>> I don't think so, its not changing CSS pixels, is it?
>
> However, it addresses the actual issue the SC is trying to address -
> it makes target size as big as the user wants/needs to actuate it
> comfortably. So perhaps it needs to be set as an exception/exclusion
> for the overall SC - UNLESS the user doesn't have a mechanism to zoom,
> the following must be true...

Detlev Fischer PhD
Testkreis
http://testkreis.de