Re: Target size proposal

In line with what Andrew suggested on the call, I think we should change
“-       Equivalent: The target is available through an equivalent link or control on the same page to provide this spacing between targets;”

for something like

“-       Equivalent: A target is available through an equivalent conforming link or control on the same page;”

Reason: this not just about spacing, but also size (of targets that may have no space between them), and it is simpler.

Sent from phone

> Am 17.01.2018 um 08:49 schrieb David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>:
>
> I'm trying to work in Patrick's suggestion to allow a preferences/settings page linked from the page provide the mechanism:
>
> ======
>
> The size of the target for pointer inputs is at least 44 by 44 CSS pixels or is at least 26 by 26 CSS pixels with 8 CSS pixels spacing between targets except when:
>
> -       Equivalent: The target is available through an equivalent link or control on the same page to provide this spacing between targets;
> -       Setting: A mechanism is available to provide this spacing between targets;
> -       Inline: The target is in a sentence or block of text;
> -       User Agent Control: The size of the target is determined by the user agent and is not modified by the author.
> -       Essential: A particular presentation of the target is essential to the information being conveyed
>
> For the last exception I could live with any *one* of the following:
>
> -       Viewport size: The viewport size has a length (height or width) of at least 1000 CSS pixels. Or
> -        Show/hide: the target is in a popup menu or disclosure
> -       No coarse pointer: no touchscreen or coarse pointer was detected when using a technology supported query
>
> Cheers,
> David MacDonald
>
> CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
> Tel:  613.235.4902
> LinkedIn
> twitter.com/davidmacd
> GitHub
> www.Can-Adapt.com
>
>   Adapting the web to all users
>             Including those with disabilities

>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:54 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> PS my optional exception was supposed to be:
>>
>> "the target is in a popup menu or disclosure"
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David MacDonald
>>
>> CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
>> Tel:  613.235.4902
>> LinkedIn
>> twitter.com/davidmacd
>> GitHub
>> www.Can-Adapt.com
>>
>>   Adapting the web to all users
>>             Including those with disabilities
>>
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy
>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:52 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>> I would +1 it with the last exception included...
>>>
>>> If the last exception has trouble passing I would be OK with swapping it with
>>>
>>> "the target is in a menu or disclosure"
>>>
>>> referring to the aria authoring doc
>>>
>>> https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.1/#menu
>>> https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.1/#disclosure
>>>
>>> I could also live with patrick's suggestion
>>>
>>> Exception no coarse pointer: no touchscreen or coarse pointer was detected when using a technology supported query"

> [...]
>>> GitHub