From:   John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
To:     James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Cc:     WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2018-01-12 11:49 AM
Subject:        Re: Possible wording for 1.3.4?

Good catch James - not forgotten, but things are moving quickly here
<smile>.  How about:

In content implemented using technologies with support for autofilling
form inputs, for each input field that has a purpose that maps to any of
the HTML 5.2 Autofill field names directly related to the user, the
meaning of the input field can be programmatically determined.

​(or, and I am not a huge fan of this one, but can live with it...):

Or, to step away from “autofill” a bit:
In content implemented using technologies with support for identifying the
expected meaning for form input data, for each input field that has a
purpose that maps to any of the HTML 5.2 Autofill field names​
 directly related to the user,  the meaning of the input field can be
programmatically determined.

​JF​
​

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:40 PM, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>