Re: a suggestion for Personalization Semantics

Failure techniques are not the only way to fail WCAG. They are just common
ways that the working group recognizes collectively and agree on... the way
to fail WCAG is to not meet an SC.

As someone who was on nearly every call for 8 years and involved in almost
every decision I can without reservation say that the reason WCAG is
technology agnostic is so it can last a long time and remain relevant. It's
approach was intended to apply on to ways to meet WCAG and also ways to
fails it.

The SC clearly states what it states for a reason. Now if a member wants to
propose a consensus position that says "WCAG can never apply to new content
on the web and changing conditions of technology" they are free to do so...
and to see how it flies... but lack of consensus to add a failure technique
does not amount to consensus on anything.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902