Re: CFC - Changes to Target Size for Issue 631

On 11/01/2018 00:23, Alex Li (CELA) wrote:
[...]
> If you have a reasonably recent version of Office desktop, you can see
> this in action by setting the spacing between targets to be optimized
> for mouse or touch. Switching to optimizing for touch keeps the touch
> targets the same size as before, but the space between them is
> increased. I don’t think our approach is “wrong”. But our approach does
> not meet the SC, at least by the letter…

Unless I'm mistaken (testing in Word 2013) the clickable/tap-able part
of the controls is also enlarged when switching to from mouse to touch
optimized spacing, so arguably it does meet at least the spirit (if
perhaps not the hard numbers) of the SC.

Patrick H. Lauke