Re: CFC - Changes to Target Size for Issue 631

On 10/01/2018 18:55, Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Call For Consensus — ends January 12 at 1:45pm Boston time.
>
> The Working Group has discussed a change to the Target Size SC in
> response to issue 631 (https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/631) and
> discussion. This was discussed on the call
> (https://www.w3.org/2018/01/10-ag-minutes.html#item06).
>
> The specific changes are detailed in this pull
> request: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/pull/678  (see implemented at
> http://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/Issue631/guidelines/index.html#target-size)
>
> If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have
> not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you
> “not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know
> before the CfC deadline.

Unless I'm missing something, this would mean that a target size of 44
by zero CSS px would pass this? (this would of course not be actionable
at all by pointer users, but keyboard users would still be able to reach
it). Or a target of 44 by 1 CSS px? (which would be borderline clickable
by a user with mouse and a VERY steady hand, or zoomed in VERY highly)

If so, this seems a bit suspect.

Patrick H. Lauke