From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:37 AM
To: WCAG
Subject: Re: Response to Issue 659/660/386

Following up on this one. Suggestions from others incorporated, but I also realized that I renamed the definition “control key” but didn’t use that term in the SC.

See what you all think:

PROPOSED:
Success Criterion 2.4.11 Control Key Shortcuts
If a keyboard shortcut that does not include a control key is implemented by content, then a mechanism is available to turn it off or to remap it to a shortcut that can use at least one control key, unless the keyboard shortcut for a user interface component is only active when that component has focus.

Control key is defined as:
single non-printable Unicode code point or any keyboard character that is not printable, i.e. including alt, control, home, and end, and excluding printable characters including letters, punctuation, numbers, and symbols.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility