From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 16:08
To: "Abma, J.D. (Jake)" <Jake.Abma@ing.nl>, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>, Patrick Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Issue 650 Does the Hover or focus SC apply to tabbed interfaces?

I read “additional content” as something that is added to the page, essentially over-the-top of the current page.

If you take a bit of content away and put something else in it’s place, that is new, but not additional. The note does say “and other nonmodal popups” so I don’t think many will read it as applying to tabs.

Cheers,

-Alastair

From: Abma, J.D. (

About the definition for “additional content”, as can be read in my other comments, it's not present and what's present doesn't fit with the SC.