From: David MacDonald <david@can-adapt.com>
Sent: 24 June 2018 21:50
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Proposing a Technique for 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose

I've created a proposed technique for 1.3.5 which would allow the ACCNAME to contain a (case insensitive) string identical to the HTML 5.2 corresponding autocomplete token (or a string which contains the entire token within its string).

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Accname-matches-autocomplete

I took the idea from our new SC Label in Name (2.5.3), where the ACCNAME contains the string of the label.

https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#label-in-name

This will provide some flexibility for authors who are creating simple contact forms in English, without compromising programmatic determination for assistive technologies, it provides another means to meet the SC,  for those with security concerns associated with autocomplete.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Mobile:  613.806.9005