Re: Updates to Understanding 1.4.11 part 2

David's bug thread also provides the current 'status':

michael-n-cooper <https://github.com/michael-n-cooper> commented on Sep 28,
2017 <https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/298#issuecomment-332865121>

This is out of scope for WCAG 2.1, but we will look at this sort of issue
again in Silver.

To my mind there are differences between technical compliance and
"practical" compliance, and while it is true that you can wiggle you way
out of the Mac problem using a technical reading of WCAG (David's point), I
suspect that for most designers (who are likely using Macs anyway) that we
should teach them the 'optimum' and down-play the minimum (i.e., be
pragmatic, fix the problem on the Mac platform - Alastair's point).

I think framed right, designers are going to want to do this right anyway
(most designers I've met want to control all aspects of the design, on all
platforms), and we can re-enforce the idea that different platforms have
different focus indicators in the Understanding document, and that
designers *should* carefully consider this fact when creating new
designs/focus indications.

JF

--
John Foliot