Re: Abstract update - new content terms

Hi Alastair and all,

Your latest text is:

"The publication of WCAG 2.1 does not deprecate or supersede WCAG 2.0.
While WCAG 2.0 remains a W3C Recommendation, the W3C advises the use
of WCAG 2.1 to maximize future applicability of  accessibility
efforts. The W3C also advises that new or updated Web accessibility
policies reference WCAG 2.1."

I could live with that but suggest removing the word "future" as 2.1
will "maximize the applicability of accessibility efforts" for current
and legacy content too.

In addition, the second sentence is difficult to read. I suggest
simplifying "maximize applicability of accessibility efforts". Perhaps
something such as the following would work?

"The publication of WCAG 2.1 does not deprecate or supersede WCAG 2.0.
While WCAG 2.0 remains a W3C Recommendation, W3C advises the use of
WCAG 2.1 to improve accessibility. The W3C also advises that new or
updated Web accessibility policies reference WCAG 2.1."

I strongly disagree with removing the last sentence. We are "advising"
not "mandating". As you said, the new standard should move people
forward to improve accessibility. The current sentence states it
clearly.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

--