From:   Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
To:     WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2018-04-12 10:40 AM
Subject:        CFC - Advance WCAG 2.1 to Proposed Recommendation

Call for Consensus - ends Tuesday April 17 at 1:30 pm Boston time

This is a Call for Consensus to advance WCAG 2.1 to Proposed
Recommendation. A few tasks related to the transition are not quite
complete but we expect them to be by the time the CfC closes, and to stay
on timeline we are running the CfC in parallel. These along with key
review points are described below.

The Editors' Draft which includes the content proposed to be published as
a Proposed Recommendation is available at:
https://w3c.github.io/wcag21/guidelines/

Active responses to this CfC are helpful, particularly from implementers.
Please reply with "+1" to support or "-1" along with an explanation to
oppose. If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that
have not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you
“not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know
before the CfC deadline.

The Working Group agreed on the teleconference on 4/12/18 to conduct a CFC
to advance to PR, as indicated in the minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2018/04/12-ag-minutes.html

Tasks still to be completed before the CfC closes:
Document 8 AA and 2 AAA implementations in the implementation report
https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/implementation-report/ (3 more AA needed at
time the CfC was sent, but these are in progress)
Address and close all public comments filed on the CR
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22Public+Comment%22+label%3A%22CR+Comment%22

Approve changes to the introduction in CfC sent after the meeting on
Thursday 4/12/18.

Key review points:
Some guidelines and success criteria have been moved or renamed, in what
we believe is an editorial manner which does not impact implementation.
The Introduction is rewritten to apply to the final standard and includes