From:   Chuck Adams <charles.adams@oracle.com>
To:     David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>, Andrew Kirkpatrick
<akirkpat@adobe.com>
Cc:     "lisa.seeman" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>, "W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org"
<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2018-04-11 08:34 AM
Subject:        RE: wording for the introduction

+1 J

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:29 AM
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Cc: Chuck Adams <charles.adams@oracle.com>; lisa.seeman
<lisa.seeman@zoho.com>; W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Here's my suggestion riffing off of Charles amendment to the earlier text
that several of us worked up.

Although these guidelines cover many important issues, they cannot address
the needs of every individual and every type, degree, and combination of
disabilities.  Significant challenges remain in addressing cognitive,
language and learning disabilities while ensuring that success criteria
are consistently testable and implementable across all web pages in many
countries and languages.  Work will continue in this area as technologies
mature in the marketplace.  We encourage authors to refer to our
supplemental guidance on improving the user experience for people with
learning and cognitive disabilities at: w3.org/XXX

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902