From:   Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>
To:     Chuck Adams <charles.adams@oracle.com>
Cc:     Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2018-04-04 01:16 PM
Subject:        Re: Proposed response to 833

I think Chuck’s rewording makes the answer clearer.
Detlev

Am 04.04.2018 um 18:20 schrieb Chuck Adams <charles.adams@oracle.com>:

The proposed response confuses me.  We had concerns that “without
qualifying language…” bad things would happen, so we elected to “remove
the qualifying” language?
Ought this be that we had concerns “with the qualifying language…”?
I’m not a stickler on this (this is not the hill I will die on), but I’ve
reworded the last two paragraphs as follows:

The Working Group received comments expressing concerns about the scope
and criteria in the original wording.  The Working Group elected to remove
the qualifying wording and introduce this at the AAA level for two
reasons:  1) The required research to back up these specific requirements
had not been performed, and 2) there were concerns that with the
qualifying language many helpful animations would cause failures at the AA
level.

The intent is to gather more research on the nature and scope of
animations which can trigger physical reactions for use with vestibular
disorders and create a more contained SC at the AA level in the next
version of WCAG.

Thanks,
Charles Adams