Re: CFC - Accessible Authentication and issue responses

On 23/12/2017 11:13, Michael Pluke wrote:
> -1
> The more I look at this the less I understand it!
>
> It appears to pretty much debar all authentication processes that
> involve user information entry - as whatever they enter either has to be
> retrieved from the user’s memory or copied (tanscribed) from somewhere.
> Also I do not see how an authenticaton process can rely on every
> unspecified user agent being able to enter a user’s personal information
> (at present, surely, public terminals will certainly not have access to
> stored user intormation)?

In my reading I assumed this would fall under "governing statutory
requirements" that would except things like public/shared
machines/terminals. However, until "governing statutory requirements" is
defined somewhere properly, this is probably tea-leaves-reading on my part.

Agree that, at present, the wording is ambiguous. I may change my vote
to a -1 if it's not too late, as Michael's point is quite an important one.

Patrick H. Lauke