From:   Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
To:     "lisa.seeman" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
Cc:     WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date:   2017-12-21 04:18 AM
Subject:        Re: some questions: : working on re-authentication

Hi Lisa,

(John – question for you below.)

For this:
- authentication process can rely on the user or user-agent entering
personal identification information such as name, username, password, and
email address if the web content consistently supports automatic entry.

> Automatic entry of user information can not work because autocomplete
and the name is not set . It is not quite blocking the user agent rather
they are not supported.

If the username/password (or other) inputs pass 1.3.1. (info &
relationships) and 4.1.2 (role/name/value) then user-agents currently
support automatic entry unless the site actively blocks it.

Also, there would also be overlap with the new SC that requires the
autofill attributes, which I think includes username and current-password?
(JF – have they been kept in the list?)

Therefore, I would like to revert that change to avoid overlap with other
SCs.

> Also if transcribe follows the dictionary definition we can just clarify
what we mean in the understanding section. Is that Ok?

I think that would be best.

Cheers,

-Alastair