RE: interruptions - New wording from Jeanee

Hi
Jeanee from Pacelo group suggested the following wording that may solve some of our issues.
I also added a definition of interruptions that could eliminate others issues  by excluding offering help relating to the main topic or purpose of the content :

Interruptions minimum (AA)

Changes that move focus or interrupt the display of content are deliberately user initiated, or are necessitated by an emergency . (Level AA)
Exceptions:
Interruptions and changes of focus are allowed when they are essential to the main purpose of the content or, when they are a required part of a real-time event (for example, an auction) or can be automatically suppressed by the user though the operating system or user agent.
 definitions
Interruption: (we can work on this if we like the direction...)  new content such as a popup, overlay, or message that may distract the user from the  main topic or purpose of the content
Deliberately user initiated: An intentional discrete action by the user such as clicking, pressing a key or speaking a voice command.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:31:01 +0200  Abma<Jake.Abma@ing.nl> wrote ----

    +1 to David,

 The company / bank I work for is building a complete new environment using AI where we especially try to trigger customers into new products from our data / black box where this may and may not be related to main purpose.

 Suppressing new content not directly related to main topic undermines the complete system and this SC in its current form will be ignored by definition.

 Regards,
 Jake Abma

 Accessibility Lead ING
 Product owner at Team A11Y

 ING Nederland / CIO / Omnichannel / Experience
 ACT B.02.166, Bijlmerdreef 24
 Postbus 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam
 0031 (0)6 - 25 27 52 46
 jake.abma@ing.nl