RE: Branch for latest Pointer Gestures SC

Hi Detlev,

Andrew had already responded to my question by pushing the latest Pointer Gestures SC language to the master branch, so this is taken care of.  Note also that both the Pointer Gestures and new Pointer Cancellation (formerly Accidental Activation) SC will now simply refer to “single pointer” and use the definition.  “Activation” was dropped to fix confusion as pointed out in issue #380.

Steve

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 11:42 AM
To: Detlev Fischer (TK) <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; Repsher, Stephen J <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Branch for latest Pointer Gestures SC

>> We may still need to settle for either 'single pointer activation' or 'single point activation' - I would prefer the latter but not sure what it sounds like to native speakers.

​It sounds fine to me... I find "point" easier to understand... although I know the "Pointer" events terminology has some merit

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn

twitter.com/davidmacd<http://twitter.com/davidmacd>

GitHub<https://github.com/DavidMacDonald>

www.Can-Adapt.com<http://www.can-adapt.com/>

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Detlev Fischer (TK) <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de<mailto:detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>> wrote:
Hi Steve

Am 27.11.2017 um 21:55 schrieb Repsher, Stephen J:

Is there a branch on GitHub which contains the latest Pointer Gestures SC language?  Just want to make sure any suggestions I make for Accidental Activation plays well with it and would prefer to branch off the latest. Thanks.
The branch with the latest language (on top of the understanding document) is here:

https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/pointer-gestures/understanding/21/pointer-gestures.html

We may still need to settle for either 'single pointer activation' or 'single point activation' - I would prefer the latter but not sure what it sounds like to native speakers.

I have now changed the SC text as well but it has not yet been merged into the Master (if I understand this correctly).
The pull request is
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/pull/584

Detlev
*Steve Repsher*