Re: we can not change the scope for purpose of controls

I was following John's comments in email, not sure if that has been integrated with github versions yet, but I think we agree on the principle.

Sent from my phone, apologies for typos.
________________________________
From: Michael Gower <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 2, 2017 12:14:43 AM
To: Alastair Campbell
Cc: lisa.seeman; W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org
Subject: RE: we can not change the scope for purpose of controls

If no one is disagreeing with that, great. That's my misunderstanding. I will update my comment accordingly.
But why is "user" not appearing in the terms? Do people really think one line above saying it all applies to the user is sufficient to prevent misapplication of these purpose terms?

Michael Gower
IBM Accessibility
Research

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
gowerm@ca.ibm.com
voice: (250) 220-1146 * cel: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034