From:   Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
To:     "W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2017-12-01 07:36 AM
Subject:        Re: timeouts

For context, at TPAC the language that was nearly agreed to was:
Where data can be lost due to user inactivity, users are warned about the
estimated length of inactivity that generates the data loss unless the
data is preserved for a minimum of 20 hours of user inactivity.

Lisa is proposing:
Where data can be lost due to user inactivity, users are warned @@once,
before an activity timer is set,@@ about the estimated length of
inactivity  that generates the data loss, unless the data is preserved for
a minimum of 20 hours of user inactivity.

So, the main change is the addition of “once, before an activity timer is
set”. I think that we need to acknowledge that the amount of time before
the timer is set may be measured in milliseconds, but it is at least ahead
of time. I’m less sure about the “once” part but can live with it.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility