Latest version of Change of Content (now called Status Changes)

Here is the text which seemed to have general agreement on today's call. I
believe the intent is to review tomorrow for CFC.

3.2.6 Status Changes

Status messages can be programmatically determined through role or
properties such that they can be presented to the user by assistive
technologies without receiving focus.

Status messages
Changes in content that are not changes in context, that provide
information to the user on the success or results of an action, on the
waiting state of an application, on the progress of a process, or on the
existence of errors.

https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/pull/581

Michael Gower
IBM Accessibility
Research

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
gowerm@ca.ibm.com
voice: (250) 220-1146 * cel: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034