Re: Issues with Target Size SC

On 24/11/2017 21:57, Detlev Fischer wrote:
> A no-exceptions AAA version with 44 x 22 is also feasible.

I could also live with this.

> However, I still strongly believe there is value in putting this onto
> level AA even in a form that allows exceptions. It puts the issue on the
> map. Authors will suddenly start to think about target size. I believe
> many are absolutely unaware that it is an issue. On level AAA, no one
> will bother.

But the exception around "text links" appears arbitrary. As said,
there's nothing about the "text" nature of links, nor anything about the
fact they are indeed "links" (rather than, say, buttons) that makes them
special and worthy of exemption other than the fact that they're likely
to be the most frequent uses of clickable/actionable/tappable controls
found particularly within blocks of text.

Also, as noted in early discussions, if users are also capable of
zooming which makes target sizes bigger, this possibly falls more into
the realm of usability rather than accessibility?

Patrick H. Lauke