proposal for the purpose of controls- was- Re: More meetings; MINUTES for Friday Nov 17 included

Hi

I think it is very ineffective to have discussions on issues like the purpose of controls when I am not present. The main issue is implementation and I needed to update the WG with what implementations are available and the state and time table of the personalization task force.

The personalization specification will publish the next draft in December as a vocabulary. That means it can be used in microdata from that point on. We are also on track to have five implementations before we leave CR.

Therefore I think the best idea is to put any aspect/ term that does not currently have support implementations labelled at risk pending implementation support and exactly what that support needs to be to have the at-risk removed. That way we have no risk that anything will be included without adequate support and implementation and we will also not remove user support where we did not need to.

I have a lot of the relevant information and draft responses in a google doc I thnk between johns analysis (in the document ) and my examples we can see what is at risk.

If this is acceptable then I suggest john and I (and anyone else who wants)  write the new draft marking what is at risk.

I am available for the call tomorrow and all of the Tuesday call.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 20:06:39 +0200 Michael Gower<michael.gower@ca.ibm.com> wrote ----

https://www.w3.org/2017/11/17-ag-minutes.html

Michael Gower
IBM Accessibility
Research

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
gowerm@ca.ibm.com
voice: (250) 220-1146 * cel: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034