Re: Proposed replies to Pointer Gestures public comments (IBM)

> All functionality can be operated with a single untimed pointer gesture
unless a multipoint or timed gesture is essential.

For issue 456 I think the language of this SC oversteps its original
intention. My recollection is that we wanted to ensure all functionality
could be operated *Without* multi point or timed gestures. However this SC
language is requiring that all functionality be usable with a mouse
(pointer) .

Early on I floated an SC to require everything be usable with a mouse
(pointer) but it didn't go very far which was ok with me.
http://davidmacd.com/blog/should-WCAG-require-all-functionality-by-mouse.html

The consensus to my understanding is that WCAG 2.1 won't be requiring all
functions to be operable with a mouse (pointer), but here it is.

My proposal roll the requirement of the SC back to something like this:

> All functionality which requires multipoint or timed gestures for
operation, can be operated with a single untimed pointer gesture unless a
multipoint or timed gesture is essential.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902