Re: CFC - Proposed definition for 'Programatic Notification'

I seems that running this CFC definition when it is disassociated from the
SC to which it applies has caused confusion.

>  @jonathanThe definition seems to allow for using the speech API in a
browser to speak something.  This type of “announcement” may work for some
users but doesn’t seem like a solution that works for different types of
users with disabilities.  A programmatic notification should be something
that could be converted into different formats – speech, braille, pop-up,
vibration, etc.  If I am misunderstanding then I’d be happy to change my
vote.

This SC is all about helping those screen reader users. It has been that
from the beginning. It's a narrow and important  requirement
​ and it was approved on that basis​
.
​The main way of meeting it is using aria-live. I'm kind of surprised we're
talking about widening the SC like this at this late date.

Widening
​ it ​to other types of notifications would be a real change to it and how
would that be worded?

> @Steve
What is needed is a programmatic association given to the new content.

​hat's in the first bullet.

   - There is a programmatically determined relationship between the new
   content and the control that triggers it;

​

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*