From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2017 11:00 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Editorial changes to SC

On 08/09/2017 18:09, Michael Cooper wrote:

> It's a separate question as to whether we should change the WCAG 2.0 SC
> that are included in WCAG 2.1. For now I didn't touch those, under the
> rationale that we're keeping them exactly as they appear in WCAG 2.0 for
> now, to minimize confusion. However, we could decide that we want to
> apply at least editorial changes to make all of WCAG 2.1
> self-consistent; we will also soon explore whether we want to merge some
> WCAG 2.1 SC with existing 2.0 SC, in which case we would be changing
> them anyways. In either of those cases, yes I would like to apply the
> editorial changes to the 2.0 SC, but we won't have the decisions to
> support doing that before the upcoming WD publication.

+1 for consistency, as I already suggested in
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2017JulSep/0480.html

Whether we go for straight bullets of definition lists...no particular
preference either way - though unless I'm mistaken, there's no major
advantage with definition lists in how they're announced by current AT,
so the semantic benefit is theoretical at the moment (this may well have
changed, but from memory definition lists are just announced as lists,
with no particular "this is the term, and this is the definition for
this term" kind of announcement).

Patrick H. Lauke

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.