RE: CFC - Printing SC

0
Concerns with the basic language of the SC. In example, would the
uninitiated read this as saying printed with no adapted text properties or
no loss of those properties?

> When a page can be printed, essential information is printed with no
loss of content or adapted text properties.

That's easy to fix a few ways, including with the addition of "either".

"When a page can be printed, essential information is printed with no loss
of either content or adapted text properties. "

That aside, I continue to be concerned there is nothing in the exceptions
about situations where an author intentionally and with reason preserves a
page layout. I do think if such issues are noted in an editor's draft,
this is worthwhile to seek public comment on.

Michael Gower
IBM Accessibility
Research

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
gowerm@ca.ibm.com
voice: (250) 220-1146 * cel: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034

From:   "Abma, J.D. (Jake)" <Jake.Abma@ing.nl>
To:     Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Cc:     WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2017-08-27 12:44 AM
Subject:        RE: CFC - Printing SC

-1

As much as I would like to see the content writer part take the
responsibility to able users to print properly I tend to agree with John
and would like to see it much more scoped. It is not ready as much as
other SC are. Would like to see more work done before sending if off to
the world.