Re: CFC - Device Sensors

On 28/08/2017 14:42, White, Jason J wrote:

> */[Jason] This is exactly my point. The proposed /**requirement is
> redundant due to 2.1.1. The exception isn’t. Currently, nowhere do we
> require any UI components to be operable via anything other than a
> keyboard interface (which is not equivalent to a physical keyboard).*//

Phones/tablets have no keyboard interface - while they offer on-screen
keyboards, these appear only in specific situations (generally, when the
user is focused on an editable field), so they don't allow the user to
arbitrarily press a key. For this reason, something that nominally
passes 2.1.1  may still not work on these devices. This is the gap that
the proposed SC Pointer was going to try and address
(https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/59)

Patrick H. Lauke