RE: mistake and clarifications of plain language survey

Hi John. We can remove that bullet point if it helps.
However my understanding was that that it is confusing in other languages when a double negative is used to express a positive in other languages. What we excluded with this wording was using a double negative to emphasis a negative such as "never never do xxx" where i understand it to be a common for of emphasis in some places.

I will remove the bullet point anyway to help get the other two in.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:21:47 +0300  Rochford<john.rochford@umassmed.edu> wrote ----

    Hi Lisa,

 The first bullet is "Double negatives Double negatives are not used to express a positive statement." That certainly applies to English, but perhaps not to other languages. For example, in Spanish, double negatives are almost always used to express a positive statement.

 John

 John Rochford
 UMass Medical School/E.K. Shriver Center
 Director, INDEX Program
 Instructor, Family Medicine & Community Health
 www.DisabilityInfo.org
 Twitter: @ClearHelper

 Confidentiality Notice:
 This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy or permanently delete all copies of the original message.