All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 00:02:47 +0300 jjwhite@ets.org wrote ----

I think WCAG needs to be fully internationalized, and I’m not convinced that the proposal is a significant advance upon 3.1.5, which is already at Level AAA. I agree, however, that the proposal has internationalization problems. My point is that I don’t think it’s acceptable to include a proposal without internationalizing it; the better option would be to wait for the next version of WCAG if the work cannot be undertaken now.

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:58 PM
To: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>
Cc: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>; W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: AAA SC for coga

For the plain language SC  issues/41

We could possibly leverage the language at the front of 4.1.1 Where it says "In content implemented using markup languages, "

Perhaps we could say :"In content implemented using the English language"

Or

"In content implemented using latin based languages"

Or some other finite group of languages to which these "rules" are known to be effective

​.

I'm not a linguist and I don't know if these rules are actually always indicated, nor do I know to which languages they could be applied ... but this might be a way to get the SC into the standard at AAA​

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902
LinkedIn
twitter.com/davidmacd
GitHub
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.can-adapt.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjjwhite%40ets.org%7C95e59c0e7f7d41be0a0908d4d39fdb01%7C0ba6e9b760b34fae92f37e6ddd9e9b65%7C0%7C0%7C636366130903694242&sdata=9hNd%2FjJ0R5pa%2Bh%2B4SrIxn686nH7%2Bdr%2FF18Um%2FL5C6e8%3D&reserved=0

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:47 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:

I think symbols could be a low hanging fruit for AAA

>A mechanism is available such that controls that are used to reach, or are part of, a critical service, and each instruction that contains important information that directly relates to a critical service, is preceded by a symbol or picture, which relates to the topic of the control or instruction.

Critical Service:

service that is needed to prevent significant harm, risk or loss such as: significant financial loss, illness, injury or deterioration in a patient's condition or effective loss of rights or freedoms

Note: I would drop "or effective loss of rights or freedoms".  I think that is an ever evolving term and not stable like the rest of the list. (perhaps it could be revised narrower to "allocation of self determination" or something similar.