Re: Alastair, Jan, Jason , myself and John have an updated version of

Hi Andrew,

   - re: At AA - good catch, yes, "purpose" is important here.

   - re: At AAA - I think that 'purpose' and 'function' are synonymous
   here, but agree that we should be consistent.

   - re: 3.3.5 to AA - we batted this around a bit, and I for one am open
   to alternative solutions. It felt clear to us that this was certainly in
   the 3.3.x realm, and whether it is a modification of 3.3.2 and 3.3.5, or
   some other similar editorial change to both of those SC, or introduce yet
   another new SC, we've left that open for now (at least, that was *my*
   take-away).

That said, we all feel we've made some serious headway here, and we hope
that the larger WG can rally behind this and get this into the Draft before
the August deadline.

JF

--
John Foliot