RE: Question about 1.2.4 Captions (Live) (AA) and 1.2.9 Audio-only (Live) (AAA)

> AA to AAA. One way or another, there is currently a disparity in WCAG 2 that should really be resolved.

Speaking of disparity, there is no audio description requirement in WCAG 2 for live synchronized content nor video only even at level AAA.   In the US currently all television must be captioned but only 50 hours of audio description per quarter is required for new programing of the top 5 broadcast networks and top 5 cable networks (this will be going up to approximately 85 hours next year).  People who are blind or visually impaired I'm sure would like to see the same level of access as others.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
Level Access, inc. (formerly SSB BART Group, inc.)
jon.avila@levelaccess.com
703.637.8957 (Office)
Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog
Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.