Re: Moving Issues 62, 63, 71 to the conformance section

On 14/07/2017 18:00, David MacDonald wrote:
> ​
>
>   * if a user actively chooses a setting on the page that optimizes or
>     personalizes the state of the page for accessibility reasons, this
>     new state does not necessarily need to conform, because the
>     conforming version can be reached by undoing the setting.
>

> Jonathan says:
>
> I can’t agree with this.  What this is saying is that if I adjust the
> page to 200% zoom to read the content and it is no longer accessible
> that is ok because I chose to zoom in.  You are telling me I can use the
> unzoomed accessible version of the page – but it’s not accessible
> because I can’t because the text can’t be resized to 200%.____
>
> __
>
> David says:
>

> This was ​Patrick's addition so perhaps I'll let him speak to that.

When did I make this addition? Is this going back to that discussion 2
years ago or whenever?

In any case, reading the above I'd note that it says "setting ON the
page", i.e. some personalization/optimization option provided by the
site itself (like a link to desktop version I believe may have been the
original point of discussion way back when).

If the user changes their user agent's zoom setting then they haven't
used a "setting ON the page" but in their UA, so that won't be a loophole?

Patrick H. Lauke