Re: Moving Issues 62, 63, 71 to the conformance section

There is always a balance... if we widen requirements too much the testing
burden will be too high. If we narrow then then we may leave behind users.
We have to remember that changes to confromance requirements are huge.

if we adopt your language Jason then it will be so wide that we've changed
accessibility support from one stack, to multiple stacks, increasing
testing costs and effort to meet WCAG exponentially.

I ran your language by Gregg and that was exactly what his worry was also,
that testing and conformance requirements would increase multiple factors.

On the mobile task force we had extensive discussions about this and the
line we drew was to limit the AT to the ones that get messed up.

"Platform assistive technology that remap touch gestures."

Today this means screen readers that ship with OS but it might widen in the
future. This requirement is coming out of the mobile task force.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902