Re: Objection to Adapting Text

Hi Josh, Lisa, Alastair, and all,

I found the previous comment on GitHub concerning extra spacing between columns:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/78#issuecomment-290470485

The reason for not adding the extra spacing spacing between columns
was that it impacts layout far more than the other bullets and would
have been a step up in requirements. Alastair wrote about this in his
article, "Four levels of accessibility customisation".
https://alastairc.ac/2017/02/four-levels-of-accessibility-customisation/

The March 30, 2017 LVTF resolution was: "Not have the extra bullet for
extra spacing between columns."
https://www.w3.org/2017/03/30-lvtf-minutes.html#resolution02

I suspect paragraph and section spacing of 2em or 1.5em would have
similar impact. Alastair, would it be possible for you to incorporate
Lisa's metrics into your bookmarklet for testing so we can know for
sure?

Thanks everyone.

Kindest Regards,
Laura