From: Gregg C Vanderheiden [mailto:greggvan@umd.edu]
Sent: 27 March 2017 16:39
To: Jason J White <jjwhite@ets.org>
Cc: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>; Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; Bruce Bailey <Bailey@access-board.gov>; w3c-waI-gl@w3. org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>; Joshue O Connor <josh@interaccess.ie>
Subject: Re: definition of the a/aa/aaa levels

I think silver needs to be a complete rethink of accessibility.

the world is changing rapidly and we need to get in front of it.      We keep tuning guidelines for todays technologies which will be yesterdays before we get done playing with them.

we need to start discussions of accessibility of

  *   verbal/visual pages
  *   agent oriented web access
  *   what will cognitive AT look like and what do we need to support them.
  *   the merging of content, agents, and author tools
  *   the role apps are playing vs web apps
  *   augmented reality
Lets get those discussions going before we get lost in conformance levels.

gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu<mailto:greggvan@umd.edu>