Re: adapting-text SC rewrite

I've read through the entire thread, and I'm not sure that we're
accomplishing much with the SC.

- We've established that some browsers provide a way to override the author
style sheets while other make it more difficult, in WCAG we only need one
affordable stack to be relied upon to pass conformance
- We've established that on any HTML page, when using certain browsers, we
can override the CSS, including "important".
- We've established that most of this can be done in PDF, and whatever
can't be done, can't be solved in PDF, without the author creating a new
PDF viewer.
- We've established it SHOULD be a user agent issue, and that user agents
SHOULD allow users to do this. Some do most of it (i.e., Edge new Reading
feature)
- It's kind of messy to test,
- There are problems with mentioning specific fonts, and there are problems
with NOT making mentioning fonts. (i.e., different results for different
fonts)
- There is a lot of head scratching about what it means for authors, making
it a difficult SC to understand, and adding cognitive load to the 2.1

It seems hard to fail this in HTML, and hard to test this, confusing to
understand what is required. It just seems to me that this should be punted
to Silver, where User Agents are involved. Unless there is an elegant way
out of the mess and real momentum from stakeholders responding the FPWD.

I'm interested in what other's opinions might be on this.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902