Re: Question: Enough time guideline

On 01/03/2017 14:33, Sailesh Panchang wrote:
> Patrick, On a reading of SC  2.2.1 or 2.2.2 I do not feel the  issue
> is addressed directly. This is not a case of 'For each time limit
> that is set by the content' covered by SC 2.2.1. This is a poorly
> implemented alert dialog where the alert text appears only
> momentarily. There is no time limit that can be extended / suppressed
> etc. Thanks, bSailesh

Splitting hairs perhaps, but an alert that appears and then disappears
has, in fact, a "time limit set by the content" in that sense. So I'd
still maintain that in spirit, this scenario is covered, but agree it
should be more explicitly addressed in the understanding document as an
example (perhaps as a failure example - the alert appearing and then
disappearing, with the suggestion to simply remove the automatic
hiding/disappearing and to leave it visible until the user dismises it
explicitly with a "Close" or "Got it..." type control; failing that,
suggesting that the site should provide some global setting for users to
disable auto-hiding of alerts, so that the alerts could do the current
hiding, but that a user who has problems with this can switch it off)

Patrick H. Lauke