Re: User Agent Switcher for Firefox to make GH easier to read for LV users

The following CSS moves the absolutely  positioned reply toolbar away from
the text. This is important at 300% or more.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("mail.google.com") {

 .Dq {position: static !important;}

}

Just insert this in Stylish.

Wayne

On Monday, February 20, 2017, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
wrote:
> In Chrome you can also do this from the Dev Tools
>
> Once you have opened the Developer Tools you select the "More Tools"
option and select "Network Conditions"
> In the Tab that opens you can deselect to select automatically choose the
User Agent and instead select from a number of custom useragents.

> Another way in Firefox, if you are feeling very adventurous is
>
> Type "about:config" in the URL line
> Agree to be careful
> Type "general.useragent.override" in the Search text
> Double Click the preference name you searched for in the results
> Enter your new useragent string in the dialog that comes up
>
> I use "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X)
AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334
Safari/7534.48.3" but I have been using this for some time and I should
probably update my useragent string.

> To undo this, use the same steps but instead of double clicking, right
click and choose reset from the popup menu.

> Regards,
> James
>
> On 2/20/2017 2:48 PM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>
> On 20/02/2017 22:10, Thaddeus . wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On Feb 20, 2017 1:25 PM, "Joshue O Connor" <josh@interaccess.ie
> <mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>> wrote:
>

>     Wayne Dick <mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com>
>     20 February 2017 at 18:47
>     Patrick gave me a link to a mobile phone spoofer for Firefox,
>     called User Agent Switcher. So I can read Github easily now.
>
>     I'm really glad to hear that you can access GH better now. This
>     would be good for other members of the LVTF -
>     so maybe share the extension with the group.
>
> User Agent Switcher for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/ is what
I suggested to Wayne...but it seems that (since it's quite old) it's not
working all too well nowadays (seems to somehow forget the defined user
agents).

> This one
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher-revived/
seems to be more up-to-date, but the interface is a tad more confusing.

> There are a few other similar extensions around, but in essence the main
point is: set it to pretend to be a mobile device, like an iPhone, and then
visit GitHub - this will switch GH to the mobile fluid/single-column view

james.nurthen@oracle.com
> Oracle Corporate Architecture
> 500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Cty, CA 94065
> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help
protect the environment